Bulgaria: GERB Will Propose Its Government Despite Slim Chances for Support
GERB party will put forward a government despite the small chances that it will be supported, announced at a briefing at the party's headquarters, Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev shortly before 1 p.m. today.
He warned that attempts to bypass GERB in parliament would be a gross political mistake.
" In the name of the confidence of these 840,000 Bulgarian citizens who voted for us we are obliged to propose a government! Yes, despite its slim chances of being backed in the next parliament! And we will propose a government not as a political token, it will be a government that from the very start will be able to work and solve problems."
At a press conference, the party presented an analysis of the results of the parliamentary elections.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Polling Day in Bulgaria begins with Low Voter Turnout
- » Elections in Bulgaria: 10.3% Voter Turnout at 11 a.m., Problems with the Vote in Turkey
- » Election Day: Bulgaria Votes for New Parliament
- » Bulgaria: Today is a “Day for Reflection” before the Elections
- » "Gallup" Survey: The 6+2 Formula for the Bulgarian Parliament is Preserved Days before the Vote
- » Bulgaria: Between 50 and 100 Leva to Buy a Vote in the Upcoming Elections