Bulgaria: Slavi Trifonov Quarantined, Tested Positive for Covid-19 – Deputy Leader of There Is Such a People
A deputy leader of the party formed around cable television presenter Slavi Trifonov, whose actions now are crucial to whether or not a new government of Bulgaria is formed, claimed on April 10 that Trifonov had tested positive for Covid-19 and was in quarantine.
The announcement, a day short of a week since Bulgaria’s April 4 parliamentary elections, came from the deputy leader of Trifonov’s party, Toshko Yordanov.
Trifonov, who has built his reputation over the past two decades on a blend of populism and “patriotic” pop-folk songs, ran second in Bulgaria’s April 4 elections, but is seen as alone in a chance to successfully nominate a government, given uniform rejection of Boiko Borissov’s GERB party being given that chance.
Since the April 4 election provisional results were announced, Trifonov’s silence has been resounding.
All Trifonov has done has been, in brief posts on Facebook, is to thank his voters for voting for him.
“I want to avoid all clichés and therefore I will be completely honest. On behalf of my colleagues and on my behalf, I sincerely thank everyone who voted for us. This is the meaning of trust, and trust is the highest form of human communication. Thank you, we value your trust,” Trifonov said on Facebook on April 10./The Sofia Globe
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Erdogan is Expelling Ambassadors of United States, Germany, France and Seven other Countries
- » 2021 Elections: 2in1 Vote for Bulgarians Abroad - 760 Sections will be Opened in 68 Countries
- » Bulgaria: In September, Number of Detained Migrants was 28.9% Higher than in August
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Admitted that he Waited until the Last Moment to Introduce Measures
- » Bulgaria’s “Gallup International”: Current President Radev with 51.6%, GERB first, BSP second
- » Bulgaria: The “Green Certificate” will Not be Required for the November 14 Elections