In Memoriam: Renowned Journalist Georgi Koritarov Died Aged 61
Journalist Georgi Koritarov died suddenly at the age of 61. This sad news was posted on Facebook by Georgi Harizanov, director of Europe TV, in which Koritarov hosted a show until yesterday.
According to NOVA, the journalist was admitted to hospital in emergency with a positive COVID-19 test, but lost the battle with the disease.
Georgi Koritarov was born on May 10, 1959 in Sofia. In 1979 he graduated from SofiaKliment Ohridski University with a degree in Slavic philology – Serbo-Croatian language. He was fluent in Serbian, Croatian, Russian, Polish, English, Chinese and Albanian.
Koritarov started his career in journalism since the establishment of Demokratsia newspaper where hewas a parliamentary reporter. He later worked briefly in the newspapers Demokratsia 91 and Continent. Since 1992 he has been working for Radio Free Europe, where he was first a political reporter and later became the host of the shows "RadioJournal", "The World at 13", "Before Midnight" and "Balkan Compass".
In 2003, he hosted the analytical press review Blitz, a joint edition of Radio Free Europe and bTV, part of the morning program "This Morning". Since the beginning of 2005, Koritarov has been with Nova TV, where he hosted the half-hour talk show "Koritarov Live". Later he became part of the morning program "Hello, Bulgaria". From 2010 to the end of January 2018 he worked for Plus TV channel. Since 2018, Koritarov has been the anchor of his own show on Europe TV - "Free Zone".
The team of Nova extends sincere condolences to the family and friends of Georgi Koritarov. He will always live in our hearts!
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis
- » In Memoriam: Former US Ambassador to Bulgaria James Pardew Died Aged 77
- » In Memoriam: Vanya Kostova, Favorite Singer of Many Bulgarians, Died Aged 64
- » In Memoriam: We Have Lost Tatyana the Great, Remarkable Actress Died Aged 87
- » In Memoriam: Bulgaria’s Ex-Minister of Defense Georgi Ananiev Died of Coronavirus