Godzilla Vs. Kong Movie with Record High Box Office Sales
Hollywood film Godzilla Vs. Kong has set a new global record for pandemic-era movie industry with more than 5m since opening two weeks ago.
The strong showing came despite continued limits on attendance in many places, bringing hope to an industry that has been battered by the virus.
The .5m the film brought in during its first five days in the US outpaced the weekend debut of the Godzilla franchise's previous film.
Overall, the film has made more than 6m outside the US, although it has yet to open in some key markets, such as Japan, Brazil and many parts of western Europe. More than half the sales were in China.
Cinema-operators also cheered the performance at the box office, despite the film being available for streaming on the HBO Max service.
IMAX reported that more than 1,000 showings sold out at its cinemas, with chief executive Rich Gelfond calling the movie a "symbol of the enduring strength of the theatrical experience for blockbuster filmmaking".
In the US alone, Godzilla Vs. Kong reported more than m for its opening weekend - roughly double that of Wonder Woman: 1984, which previously had the biggest opening of the pandemic./bbc
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 6 Million Tourists have Visited Christo’s Wrapped Triumphal Arch
- » Bulgaria Celebrates its National Awakening Day
- » Prime Minister Stefan Yanev Greeted the Bessarabian Bulgarians
- » New York City Hall is Removing a Statue of Thomas Jefferson due to his Slaveholding Past
- » Tanzanian writer Grabs Nobel Prize for Literature
- » And Nobel Medicine Prize Goes to US Scientists