Bulgaria’s Chief Weatherman: Dress Warmly Going to the Polls
"As of today it starts raining and it will be raining until Sunday. Snowfalla are expected in western Bulgaria, and a lot of rain in the rest of the country. It's going to rain and it's going to get really cold. A new 20-cm thick snow cover will form in the mountains.
"I will allow myself to put in a remark - we know that Kamchia dam is almost empty. Well, with the amount of rainfalls that we expect these days - it will overflow.", the weather expert said.
"Going to the polling stations people should dress warmly - temperatures will drop to -2 C," he adds.
"Since Monday, however, it will be warming up again. The snow cover will quickly melt. By the middle of the month, temperatures will fluctuate around 15-16 C," says Prof. Rachev.
"You see how quickly the weather changes. But this is absolutely normal for spring. We see no anomalies," he concludes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Epidemic Measures Eased – Health Minister
- » Bulgaria: Non-Food Retail Chains Resume Work after Threat to Stage Protests
- » Breaking News: Bulgaria’s PM Boyko Borissov Resigns His Seat in Parliament
- » Bulgaria: Prices of Second-Hand Cars Expected to Rocket amid Pandemic
- » Bulgaria: Kindergartens and Nurseries Resume Work Today
- » Roma Baron Tsar Kiro Buried Like Pharaoh in Plovdiv