Bulgaria: Roma Baron Tsar Kiro Dies in Plovdiv
The notorious Roma baron Kiril Rashkov, aka Tsar Kiro, died this night at his home in Plovdiv aged 78. The news was confirmed by the family's lawyer Rositsa Draginova, reported "24 Hours"
The funeral will be on Sunday, Draginova said. She added that she is currently preparing a request to interrupt the execution of the punishment of Tsar Kiro's daughter, Sabka. She was sentenced to five years in prison for possession of 2,054 g of heroin worth BGN 184,921 imported from Turkey.
Kiril Rashkov himself also has a long criminal record and was sentenced to eight months imprisonment for trafficking mercury and antiquities.
The Roma baron owes his nickname to licit trade in alcohol, but on such suspicions he has not been charged. Serious tensions associated with his name mounted after the incident in Katunitsa village, when his relatives killed a 19-year-old boy. Since then, Rashkov and his family have lived in Plovdiv.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend