Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: Vaccination May Become Essential Condition for Employment
Vaccination may become an essential condition for getting a job at certain institutions, State Health Inspector Assoc. Prof. Angel Kunchev said in an interview for Nova TV. He also said he had sent a letter to the minister of labor and social policy asking to launch an awareness campaign on the importance of Covid-19vaccination among social care workers.
In his words, the research shows that recent cases of coronavirus in nursing homes were “imported” by staff who refused to be immunized:
"For those working in nursing homes vaccination should be a must, I am very much for this requirement." I suggest this should become a precondition for starting work, like currently it is the immunisation against Hepatitis B for starting work in a hospital."
If 50% of the population - as is the EU target - are vaccinated by the end of June, there could not be a real severe epidemic, and if 70% are inoculated, epidemic development is impossible, the Chief Health Inspector was adamant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Prince Philip, Husband of Queen Elizabeth, Died Aged 99
- » Adverse Reactions Reported after J&J Jab – US, Colorado
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: Anti-Epidemic Measures Should Be Extended Till End-May
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 2,957 Newly Infected, 136 Fatalities
- » CureVac Hope to Start Rollout of Their Vaccine in June – Company CEO
- » AstraZeneca Roll-out Restricted to People over 30 – Great Britain