Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: Vaccination May Become Essential Condition for Employment
Vaccination may become an essential condition for getting a job at certain institutions, State Health Inspector Assoc. Prof. Angel Kunchev said in an interview for Nova TV. He also said he had sent a letter to the minister of labor and social policy asking to launch an awareness campaign on the importance of Covid-19vaccination among social care workers.
In his words, the research shows that recent cases of coronavirus in nursing homes were “imported” by staff who refused to be immunized:
"For those working in nursing homes vaccination should be a must, I am very much for this requirement." I suggest this should become a precondition for starting work, like currently it is the immunisation against Hepatitis B for starting work in a hospital."
If 50% of the population - as is the EU target - are vaccinated by the end of June, there could not be a real severe epidemic, and if 70% are inoculated, epidemic development is impossible, the Chief Health Inspector was adamant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 81 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister to drop the Mandatory Isolation and Quarantine for People Sick with COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 100 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 19 New Cases in the Last 24 hours