Bulgaria: 20,000 Policemen Will Ensure Public Order on Election Day
The Interior Ministry informed what actions have been taken to ensure public order, security and the legality of the elections. 20,000 Interior Ministry employees will be guarding voters and polls on election day.
"Tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. until 5 p.m. the necessary arrangements will be made to implement logistics plan for the transport of voting machines to the regional centers", commented the Interior Ministry.
The ministry officials reminded that an interagency unit was set up to prevent violations of the electoral process. It consists of the representatives of the Interior Ministry, the Prosecutor's Office and the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
So far, 144 reports of violation of electoral rules have been received and 163 files for preliminary checks, there are 14 pre-trial proceedings launched, 34 people are in custody and 1,053 have been detained as a precaution.
Elections for the 45th National Assembly are due on April 4, which will be held for the first time under anti-epidemic safety measures.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Additional 800 Voting Machines Expected from Taiwan
- » Election Campaign Kicks off in Bulgaria on 11 July
- » Bulgaria: Alpha Research Polling Agency Comes out with Forecast for July Snap Election
- » No Machine Voting for Bulgarians Abroad – Central Election Commission
- » Bulgaria: People Aged 60 Were Slowest in Experimental Machine Voting
- » Bulgaria: July 11 Snap Elections Will Cost BGN 15,75 Million