World Is on the Brink of New War over Covid-19 Vaccination – Emmanuel Macron
Europe is facing a new type of world war over COVID-19 vaccinations, Le Figaro reported referring to French President Emmanuel Macron.
According to him, this happened, among other things, because of the desire of Russia and China to influence with the help of vaccines. The French leader expressed the opinion that in the current situation, Europe should be independent in the production of such drugs, RIA Novosti reports.
Macron pledged that in the coming months Europe will increase production of coronavirus vaccines and become the largest manufacturer of vaccines. He also proposed to block the export of vaccines if the manufacturer does not fulfill its obligations to supply to the European Union. The French leader noted that Pfizer and Moderna, unlike AstraZeneca, adhere to their obligations.
European Commissioner for Internal Market Thierry Breton said earlier that Europe would not need a Russian vaccine against Sputnik V coronavirus since four other drugs have already been approved within the European Union, which will be enough to achieve herd immunity. Earlier, he said that Sputnik V is a good vaccine, but it is necessary to establish its production in the European Union, and in this Russia may need help.
Italian PM Mario Draghi did not rule out that in the absence of coordination within the EU, Rome would be able to order the Russian vaccine. As noted by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the EU needs to use Sputnik V, if the EU does not order the vaccine, Germany will do it on its own.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2021 Elections: 2in1 Vote for Bulgarians Abroad - 760 Sections will be Opened in 68 Countries
- » Bulgaria: In September, Number of Detained Migrants was 28.9% Higher than in August
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Admitted that he Waited until the Last Moment to Introduce Measures
- » Bulgaria’s “Gallup International”: Current President Radev with 51.6%, GERB first, BSP second
- » Bulgaria: The “Green Certificate” will Not be Required for the November 14 Elections
- » Truth Social - Donald Trump's Social Network