Bulgaria Started with 1:3 Defeat to Switzerland WC Qualifications
Bulgarian national football team started with a defeat the participation in the WC qualifiers, losing 1: 3 to Switzerland. The game at the National Stadium "Vasil Levski" confirmed the tendency of Bulgaria to play hard with the Swiss, as we continue to have no success at home.
The match that started the qualification for Qatar 2022 was the debut of the new national coach Yassen Petrov. Switzerland forged success until the 13th minute, when they scored all their three goals. Breel Embolo, Haris Seferovic and Stefan Zuber were on the score-sheet.
In the first half, the Bulgarian players looked helpless and miraculously did not concede more goals. The players in white shirts made only one shot, which was inaccurate, and the Swiss scored three times with three accurate shots. There was also no aggression in the actions of Yasen Petrov's players, as they committed only six fouls in 45 minutes.
After the break Kiril Despodov pulled one back. Seconds after the start of the second half, Bulgaria managed to reduce its gap. Kiril Despodov fired a nice shot from about 20 meters, which left no chances for Jan Sommer.
In the second half Bulgaria played with much more confidence. However, there was no chance of anything more.
The next match of the Bulgarian team is on Sunday (March 28) against Italy again at "Vasil Levski". On March 31, the team will be visiting Northern Ireland.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Korea Will Skip Tokyo Olympics over Covid-19 Concerns
- » North Macedonia Scores Stunning Win over Germany in World Cup Qualifying
- » Three Gold Medals for Boryana Kalein at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:2 to Italy in Second Consecutive WC Qualification in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is World Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Symbolic Olympic Torch Relay Starts from Tokyo