USA: Another Mass Shooting Leaves 10 Bodies in Colorado
Ten people were killed Monday, including a police officer, when a gunman opened fire at a supermarket in Boulder, Colorado, the second mass shooting in the U.S. in a week.
"These were people going about their day, doing their shopping," Boulder District Attorney said at a late-night press briefing. He described the day's events as "a tragedy and a nightmare."
The police officer who died was identified as Eric Talley, 51, an 11-year veteran on the Boulder force. Talley was responding to the King Soopers grocery market when he was gunned down. His police chief, Maris Herold, appeared to be choking back tears as she spoke to the media Monday night and confirmed the death toll.
Boulder Police Department got a call about shots fired early in the afternoon. "Officer Talley responded to the scene – he was the first on the scene – and he was fatally shot.
"My heart goes out to the victims of this incident and I am grateful to the police officers that responded," she said. "And I am so sorry about the loss of Officer Talley."
No motive for the attack was disclosed. Matthew T. Kirsch, the First Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Colorado, said the FBI and other federal agents will be assisting in the case. He promised that the "full weight of federal law enforcement" will be brought in the investigation.
The shooting comes six days after eight people – six of them women of Asian descent – were killed by a gunman at three spas in Atlanta and a nearby county./Usa today
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Seven Countries are setting up a Data Exchange System closed to China and Russia
- » Day 82 of the Invasion of Ukraine: NATO declares Indefinite Military Support for Kyiv, Heavy Losses for Russia
- » NATO invites Georgia to its Summit in Madrid
- » Day 81 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Hell at Azovstal, Russia Drops Phosphorus Bombs, Rocket Fire near Ukraine’s Border with Poland
- » Day 80 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Fighting in Donbas is Gaining Momentum, Russian Soldier on Trial
- » Lavrov: The EU has become an Aggressive and Militant Player