Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 4,467 Newly Infected, 8,689 Hospitalized
Over the past 24 hours, 4,467 new carriers of coronavirus infection have been detected in the country, data from the Single Information Portal show.
Yesterday, 18,808 tests were made - 7,976 PCR and 10,832 antigen. Positive tests are 23% of the total.
As of March 23, the active cases were 58,671, the previous day they were 56,277.
The number of people admitted to hospital continues to grow - they are now 8,689. In intensive care units 691 people are treated.
By 23 March 7,465 doses of vaccines were given and the total number since the start of the immunisation campaign was 376,370. With a second dose 73,853 people are vaccinated.
In the past 24 hours, the disease has claimed the lives of 169 people, with 2,260 cured.
Since the beginning of the epidemic, there have been 12,188 deaths in Bulgaria, 237,031 people have been rehabilitated.
The total number of confirmed carriers of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus is 307,890, of which 11,279 are medics.
The most new cases are registered in Sofia, Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Varna and Veliko Tarnovo.
Statistics of the day by regions: Blagoevgrad - 190 new cases, Burgas - 98, Varna - 281, Veliko Tarnovo - 129, Vidin - 33, Vratsa - 68, Gabrovo - 64, Dobrich - 65, Kardzhali - 47, Kyustendil - 73, Lovech - 65, Montana - 105, Pazardzhik - 105, Pernik - 43, Pleven - 162, Plovdiv - 373, Razgrad - 44, Ruse - 185, Silistra - 126, Sliven - 92, Smolyan - 73, Sofia-city - 1289, Sofia-region - 132, Stara Zagora - 239, Targovishte - 34, Haskovo - 117 , Shumen - 163, Yambol - 72.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Assoc. Prof. Alexander Oscar: More and More Patients are going Blind after Covid
- » First Clinical Information on Omicron from South Africa is Encouraging
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 985 are the Confirmed New Cases in the Last 24h
- » WHO: The Omicron Variant could Worsen the Situation in Europe
- » Prof. Iva Hristova: Not a single Case of Omicron has been Registered in Bulgaria yet
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Slight Increase in New Cases in the Last 24h