Bulgarian NATO Allies Support Country’s Efforts to Crack down on Russian Espionage
“The U.S. strongly supports Bulgaria’s sovereignty and stands with Bulgarians against these malign activities on their territory”, the Spokesperson of the U.S. Department of State Ned Price wrote on Twitter following the detention of Bulgarian military and former intelligence officers charged over alleged espionage for Russia.
“Bulgaria is a friend, NATO Ally, and partner. We are attentively watching the Bulgarian investigation into an alleged Russian spy ring”, Ned Price further wrote.
“The UK stands with Bulgaria against Russia’s malign activity which seeks to undermine the sovereignty of our NATO ally. We fully support Bulgaria’s efforts in disrupting an alleged spy ring and taking steps to tackle Russia’s hostile actions in its territory,” wrote on his Twitter account Dominic Raab, First Secretary of State and Foreign Secretary of the United Kingdom.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Movement for Rights and Freedoms Will Not Take Part in New Government, Will Support Cabinet Proposed by New Parties
- » ‘Sofa-gate’ Brings More Headaches for EU
- » VMRO Claim Multiple Irregularities, Seeks Annulment of Vote Results in Turkey
- » Housing Prices in Bulgaria Soared by 30 Percent over Decade – Eurostat
- » MEP Elena Yoncheva Under Fire for Alleged Money Laundering
- » Bulgaria: CEC Removes Boyko Borissov, Six Others from Elected MPs List