Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: Lockdown May Be Extended
We expect, if not the beginning of a downward trend in new cases occurrence, then at least a plateau. That's what Dr. Angel Kunchev told bTV. This infection showed that there is no threshold, he added. That's why the trend is important.
Whatever anti-epidemic measures are imposed, people have to be convinced they have to comply with them, the Chief Health Inspector said. In gyms you can just as well contract the disease, he stressed, and pointed out that the infection spreads where there is a crowd of people and activity. Kunchev did not rule out the possibility of extending the lockdown, but does not want people to believe that this will necessarily happen.
Angel Kunchev sees no link between the lockdown and the election process.
The pressure on hospitals is high, he pointed out. "We will not leave anyone on the street," Dr. Kunchev reassured. The share of those who have already had Covid-19 and vaccinated is too small to affect the pandemic, in his words. Angel Kunchev explained the high mortality rate in Bulgaria with an ageing population and poor health of the Bulgarians in general.
There is currently no South African nor Nigerian strain in our country, the British strain prevails. The virus will constantly mutate and new strains will appear and we will try to catch up with it, said Angel Kunchev.
There are those who want to get vaccinated, he commented.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Ranks Sixth among Ten Poorest Countries in Europe
- » Protests against Green Certificate across Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Over 80% Drop in Restaurant Turnover after Introduction of Green Certificate
- » In September, the Growth of Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria was Nearly 40% for the Year
- » Are Employers in Bulgaria Required to Pay COVID Tests for their Employees?
- » Jeff Bezos wants to Build a Private Space Station