Light Earthquake of 2,9 Magnitude Registered in Bulgaria
Near the town of Batak, a small earthquake with magnitude 2.4 on the Richter scale was recorded at 10.09 am today, according to seismologists from the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography of BAS.
The earthquake was 9.4 kilometers from Batak, Pazardzhik region, and 119 kilometers from Sofia.
According to seismologists, there is a small probability that the tremor was felt by the inhabitants of the settlements located near the epicenter in the municipalities of Batak and Bratsigovo.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: An Accident with 3 Deaths closed a Section of the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » Bulgaria: 9 Accidents with 1 Fatality since the Morning on the Trakia Highway
- » Critical Low Level of the Danube River
- » The Fire in Emilian Gebrev's Ammunition Warehouses near Karnobat has been completely Extinguished
- » Bulgaria: Explosion and Fire in an Ammunition Warehouse near Karnobat
- » Bomb Threat closed Sofia Airport, People were Evacuated