Bulgarian Tennis Star Grigor Dimitrov Starts with Win in Acapulco
Grigor Dimitrov returned to the courts with a victory after the injury he received at the Australian Open a month ago. The Bulgarian was leading 6: 4, 3: 0 against Adrian Manarino in Acapulco, when his opponent gave up.
In the round of 16, the 2014 champion will face Miomir Ketsmanovic. The 21-year-old Serb, 46th in the world, won two sets against Feliciano Lopez.
So far, Dimitrov has not played against Ketsmanovich.
The first set of the Bulgarian's match with Manarino was a tight affair.
The two players had almost the same indicators in the performance of their serve and in the subsequent game play.
Dimitrov made an important step in the seventh game when he managed to break his opponent. After the breakthrough was confirmed, he served to win the set at 5: 4. Then Manarino took the lead with 40:15 and was close to equalizing.
Dimitrov saved two consecutive break points and then another one in order to finally win the game and the set. In the second half he played strong and after two breaks of serve and 3-0 lead Manarino gave up.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Korea Will Skip Tokyo Olympics over Covid-19 Concerns
- » North Macedonia Scores Stunning Win over Germany in World Cup Qualifying
- » Three Gold Medals for Boryana Kalein at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:2 to Italy in Second Consecutive WC Qualification in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is World Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Bulgaria Started with 1:3 Defeat to Switzerland WC Qualifications