Fake Currency Note Printing Unit Busted in Sofia – Prosecutor General
The Interior Ministry and the Sofia City Prosecutor's Office have conducted an operation against the printing of counterfeit dollars and euros in the capital, Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev announced on his official Twitter account.
The amount found is worth USD 4 million and EUR 3,600 million. The fake money has been printed on the premises of a university in Sofia.
"Bulgarian law enforcement institutions continue to staunchly protect the financial interests of the EU and our US partners," the Prosecutor General wrote.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Six Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria's Rhodope Region in 24 Hours
- » Shooting in Sofia Metro … Follow-up
- » Europol Busts Crime Network Involved in Investment Fraud Run from Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Shooting in Sofia Metro, Gunman Dead, Woman in Critical Condition
- » Nine People Killed in School Shooting in Kazan, Russia
- » UN: At Least Five Europe-bound Migrants Drowned Near to Libyan Coast