EC Agrees with Pfizer/BioNTech Delivery of over 200 Million Vaccine Doses in Second-Quarter
The European Commission and Pfizer/BioNTech, reached an agreement to accelerate the delivery of 10 million vaccine doses in the second quarter of this year.
Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said:
"I know how crucial the second quarter is for the implementation of our vaccination strategies in the Member States. "These accelerated 10 million doses will bring the total doses of BioNTech-Pfizer in quarter 2 up to over 200 million," EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said.
"This is very good news. It gives member states room to manoeuvеre and possibly fill gaps in deliveries," she added.
This extra supply of vaccines will be taken from the 100 million doses set as an additional option in Pfizer/BioNTech second contract, and originally scheduled for the third and fourth quarters of 2021.
Today's Commission proposal must be approved by the Member States within the Joint Management Committee.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 942 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Incidence of COVID-19 Worldwide increased in June for the First Time in half a year
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Pfizer: A New Wave of the Pandemic is Beginning
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 314 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 538 New Cases in the Last 24 hours