First Bulgarian Nomination for Oscar: Maria Bakalova
Bulgarian actress Maria Bakalova, who plays Tutar, the daughter of Sacha Baron Cohen’s Borat in “Borat 2”, has been nominated for an Oscar in the supporting female role category. She will compete with Glenn Close, Olivia Coleman, Amanda Seyfried and Youn Yuh-jung.
The nominations were announced by Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra. The first announced nomination was of the Bulgarian Maria Bakalova.
"Borat" 2 was also nominated for an adapted screenplay, and Sasha Baron Cohen was nominated in the category for supporting male role.
The Oscars ceremony will be held on April 25 - for the first time in two places - at the Dolby Theatre and at the historic Union Station.
Maria Bakalova was nominated for the 2021 British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA). She was nominated in the category Supporting Actress for her participation in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. The award ceremony will take place on April 10 and 11 in London.
The Bulgarian actress has received a series of recognitions for her role in “Borat 2”. Several days ago, she won the award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2021 Critics’ Choice Awards.
She was also nominated for the Golden Globes awards./BNT
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 6 Million Tourists have Visited Christo’s Wrapped Triumphal Arch
- » Bulgaria Celebrates its National Awakening Day
- » Prime Minister Stefan Yanev Greeted the Bessarabian Bulgarians
- » New York City Hall is Removing a Statue of Thomas Jefferson due to his Slaveholding Past
- » Tanzanian writer Grabs Nobel Prize for Literature
- » And Nobel Medicine Prize Goes to US Scientists