First Bulgarian Nomination for Oscar: Maria Bakalova
Bulgarian actress Maria Bakalova, who plays Tutar, the daughter of Sacha Baron Cohen’s Borat in “Borat 2”, has been nominated for an Oscar in the supporting female role category. She will compete with Glenn Close, Olivia Coleman, Amanda Seyfried and Youn Yuh-jung.
The nominations were announced by Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra. The first announced nomination was of the Bulgarian Maria Bakalova.
"Borat" 2 was also nominated for an adapted screenplay, and Sasha Baron Cohen was nominated in the category for supporting male role.
The Oscars ceremony will be held on April 25 - for the first time in two places - at the Dolby Theatre and at the historic Union Station.
Maria Bakalova was nominated for the 2021 British Academy Film Awards (BAFTA). She was nominated in the category Supporting Actress for her participation in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm. The award ceremony will take place on April 10 and 11 in London.
The Bulgarian actress has received a series of recognitions for her role in “Borat 2”. Several days ago, she won the award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2021 Critics’ Choice Awards.
She was also nominated for the Golden Globes awards./BNT
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Maria Bakalova on Forbes List 30 Under 30
- » Maria Bakalova Awarded Honorary Askeer as Ambassador of Bulgarian Acting School
- » Godzilla Vs. Kong Movie with Record High Box Office Sales
- » International Day of Children’s Book Celebrated on April 2, Bulgarian Writer among Award Winners
- » Painting by Poussin Stolen by Nazi in 1944 Restored to Owners
- » Eurovision Song Contest Organizers Limit Audience Due to Covid-19