Slovakia Introduces Curfew amid World Highest Covid Mortality Rate
Slovakia imposes a curfew from today, the country is struggling with the highest death toll from Covid-19 in the world, AFP reported.
Slovaks will not be able to leave their homes from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., a government decree states.
During the day, citizens are urged to stay at home with some exceptions – visits to the doctor, walking to work and walking pets.
The curfew will remain until March 19, but may be extended.
The country of 5.4 million population has the highest coronavirus mortality rate - 24 deaths per 100,000 people in the past 14 days, according to AFP calculations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Increase in the Number of Hospitalized with COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Prince Philip, Husband of Queen Elizabeth, Died Aged 99
- » Adverse Reactions Reported after J&J Jab – US, Colorado
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector: Anti-Epidemic Measures Should Be Extended Till End-May
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 2,957 Newly Infected, 136 Fatalities
- » CureVac Hope to Start Rollout of Their Vaccine in June – Company CEO