Slovakia Introduces Curfew amid World Highest Covid Mortality Rate
Slovakia imposes a curfew from today, the country is struggling with the highest death toll from Covid-19 in the world, AFP reported.
Slovaks will not be able to leave their homes from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m., a government decree states.
During the day, citizens are urged to stay at home with some exceptions – visits to the doctor, walking to work and walking pets.
The curfew will remain until March 19, but may be extended.
The country of 5.4 million population has the highest coronavirus mortality rate - 24 deaths per 100,000 people in the past 14 days, according to AFP calculations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: How will Hospitals Cope with Increased Number of People Infected with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Introduces COVID-19 “Green Certificate” for All Indoor Activities from October 21
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: The Number of Hospital Beds in Sofia will be Increased
- » 574 Romanians Have Died in 24 hours from COVID-19
- » One-Third of Bulgaria is Already in the Most Alarming COVID Zone
- » Bulgaria: Woman who Died of COVID had become Pregnant after long In-Vitro Procedures