Number of Idle Youths in Bulgaria Reached 160,000
Over 160,000 young people are neither working nor studying, Minister of Labor and Social Policy Denitsa Sacheva revealed during an event organized by the Swiss Embassy related to the promotion of employment among the Roma population.
The Ministry is planning to create a youth unemployment map that will help spotting each of the 160,000 youths who nether work nor study.
“To this end we will harness the expertise accumulated during the implementation of education coverage mechanism for children and youths. We will offer these young people opportunities for self-realization on the basis of their skills so that people of the Roma community could find their niche on the labor market which is very important for their social inclusion, Sacheva explained
In her words, a strong focus in the Recovery and Sustainability Plan and the Operational Program "Human Resources Development" is given to youth unemployment. The National Employment Action Plan envisions BGN 1.6 million for employment promotion programs.
"The higher minimum wage will also increase the remuneration of Roma mediators, who play a key role in spotting these people and helping them find a job," added Sacheva.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency has been Declared in the Karlovo villages of Karavelovo and Bogdan
- » Bulgaria: Kilometer-Long Queues and Broken-Down Trucks during Heavy Snowfall at the "Predel" Pass
- » Bulgaria: People with Disabilities can receive up to BGN 20,000 to Start their Own Business
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 53 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Drive your Cars prepared for Winter Conditions
- » Bulgaria: Orange Code for Snow in 4 Regions for Tomorrow