Bulgaria’s Suffocating Cities: Ten Major Urban Areas Report Serious Air Pollution Problems
Concentration of fine particulate matter higher than maximum admissible (MAC) was reported in ten Bulgarian cities on Tuesday morning: Sofia, Plovdiv, Gorna Oryahovitsa, Rousse, Pleven, Bourgas, Shoumen, Vidin, Smolyan, and Vratsa, according to the Environment Executive Agency.
The highest pollution level was reported in three residential districts in Sofia: 1.99 times above MAC in Nadezhda, 1.92 times higherin the Hippodrome neighborhood, and 162 in Pavlovo.
The MAC values were exceeded 1.96 times in Gorna Oryahovitsa and Rousse, Northern Bulgaria.
In Plovidiv's Trakiya neighborhood it was exceeded 1.67 times, and 1.53 times in Kamenitsa. In the Dolno Ezerovo residential district in Bourgas, the standard was exceeded 1.36 times, 1.35 in Shoumen, 1.34 in Smolyan, 1.12 in Vidin, and 1.05 in Vratsa.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Antarctic Expedition Reached Livingston Island
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergency in Rhodopean Village over Manganese in Drinking Water
- » Israel Struggles with Massive Tar Slick, Beaches Contaminated, Closed
- » China Ramps up Efforts for Weather Control, Neighbors Worry
- » Mostly Sunny Weather in Bulgaria Today
- » Climate Experts: America Should Brace for Even Deadlier Weather