Earthquake Measuring 5,1 on Richter Scale Rocks Greece
An earthquake shook Greece early this morning. A magnitude 5.1 quake on the Richter scale was recorded in the Patras area at 5:36 a.m., data from the Euro-Mediterranean Seismological Center showed.
The epicenter was at 22 km northeast of Patras, 16 km west-northwest of Aigio at a depth of 2 km.
Two secondary tremors were also recorded at 6:33 a.m. and 6:38 a.m., with the first being weaker, at 3.0 on the Richter scale and the second with a magnitude of 4.2. So far, there are no reports of casualties or destructions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Details about Powerful Quake in Central Greece
- » Strong Earthquake Rocks Central Greece
- » New Earthquake Rocks Croatia
- » ID Papers Forgery Ring Busted in Bulgaria - Prosecutor General
- » Another Earthquake of 3,9 Magnitude Registered in Vrancea, Romania
- » Light Earthquake of 2,8 Magnitude Registered in Bulgaria