New Requirements for Entering UK - £210 Needed for Two Tests
New anti-epidemic measures are introduced in the UK. From today, anyone travelling to the country must reserve in advance and pay for a package of coronavirus tests at a cost of £210 - around BGN 500.
It is mandatory that everyone who arrives in the UK to take a test on the second and eighth days of quarantine.
The additional tests do not waive the requirement for passengers to submit a negative entry test made no later than 72 hours before departure, bTV reported.
Those who arrive without a test will be fined £500.
Also as of today, mandatory quarantine is introduced for 33 countries, (Bulgaria is not included). But all who arrive from countries on the so-called "red list," mostly from South America and Africa, are subject to a 10-day quarantine at a hotel designated by the government, but at their expense.
Bulgarians are required to provide an online form indicating a contact telephone and an address at which they will stay.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » News on the Current Status of US Visa Services in Bulgaria
- » Tax Authorities have Collected BGN 4 million from Properties Rented through Airbnb
- » Switzerland has introduced a Mandatory PCR Test Requirement upon Entry
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators are Reporting Increased Interest in Charter Programs for the Holidays
- » US has Introduced Mandatory COVID-19 Negative Test Requirement for those Arriving by Plane
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season