Germany Closes Borders to Control Spread of Mutant Virus
Germany is closing its borders with the Czech Republic and the Austrian region of Tyrol because of the new strain of the coronavirus, Nova TV reported. The measure goes into effect Sunday night, with debate under way over what exemptions to approve.
Regions bordering on Germany will be included in the list of places affected by the mutant virus. Thus, their travelers will have to submit a negative test, which will cause serious difficulties for hundreds commuters who work in Germany.
So far, it is unclear how long the border will remain closed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece: Ferry Line from Thessaloniki to the Sporades Starts Operating from 1 June
- » North Macedonia Waives Road Toll for Serbian Citizens for Summer Season
- » Italy to Reset Tourism by Mid-May to Rescue Sector Devastated by Pandemic
- » Greece Acknowledges Sputnik V Vaccine, Welcomes Russian Tourists
- » WHO Cautions against Vaccine Passports for International Travel
- » Hospitality Industry: Entry Visas for Russian Tourists Will Save Tourism Season in Bulgaria