Germany Closes Borders to Control Spread of Mutant Virus
Germany is closing its borders with the Czech Republic and the Austrian region of Tyrol because of the new strain of the coronavirus, Nova TV reported. The measure goes into effect Sunday night, with debate under way over what exemptions to approve.
Regions bordering on Germany will be included in the list of places affected by the mutant virus. Thus, their travelers will have to submit a negative test, which will cause serious difficulties for hundreds commuters who work in Germany.
So far, it is unclear how long the border will remain closed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Winter Tourism: Bulgaria Expects a Serious Growth of Tourists in Ski Resorts
- » From October 14, Bulgaria Air Resumes Flights to and from Israel
- » Vaccine Jab Availble at Sofia Airport as of Monday
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers Reluctant to Ask for 'Green Passport' from their Guests
- » Restaurants and Hotels in Bulgaria Will Not Close, Despite Covid Crisis
- » US Lifts Travel Ban for Vaccinated Arrivals Starting November