UEFA Changed Venues for Some Games Because of the Pandemic Restrictions in Spain
The Champions League round of 16 first leg match between Atletico Madrid and Chelsea will be played at the Arena Nationala in Bucharest, Romania, ruling body UEFA said on Wednesday.
The reason for the venue change is the entry restrictions in Spain for people coming from a high-risk countries such as Britain, where a new mutation of coronavirus has been discovered.
The date, February 23, remains the same.
That's the third Champions League match involving an English team affected by coronavirus restrictions. The first legs of RB Leipzig against Liverpool, and Borussia Moenchengladbach against Manchester City will take place in Budapest, Hungary, instead of Germany.
In the Europa League games scheduled for February 18 between Real Sociedad and Manchester United, and Benfica against Arsenal will be played in Italy also due to travel restrictions.
The Manchester United away game will be played in Turin, and the Arsenal game in Rome.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » San Remo Music Festival and Ibrahimovic Crazy Week – Four Trips and 1,162 km travelled
- » Audi FIS Ski World Cup Bansko 2021 Starts Today
- » Tiger Woods Had Surgery after Serious Car Crash
- » Three Top Bulgarian Swimmers Fail Doping Test, Caught Taking Stanozolol
- » Bulgarian Basketball Team Made it For European Championship
- » AO: Daniil Medvedev beats Stefanos Tsitsipas to Face Novak Djokovic