Bulgaria’s Education Minister: School Children May Be Sent Back Home If Covid Morbidity Rises
There is a risk that students will return to online learning because February and March are the most dangerous months from an epidemic point of view. There is still no „herd immunity” despite vaccination. This was the answer of Education Minister Krasimir Valchev to a question about whether it is possible to send the school students back home because of the slight deterioration of the epidemic situation.
He offered this commentary before examining the renovated dormitory of he “Henry Ford” vocational school for transport and energy.
Valchev warned that if the epidemic situation worsens, restrictive measures may be tightened again.
Once more he pointed out that anything is possible even that the junior students will return to online learning. "So far we have no reasons to do this, for now the epidemic situation has deteriorated only slightly, but any loosening of the measures cannot but contribute to the spread of the infection", Valchev was adamant.
In his words, the situation remains unpredictable, but the schoolchildren show increasingly less willingness to study in an electronic environment. Our motivation is to comply with the measures, but, on the other hand, the virus does not abate. We will be able to cope with the situation only when there is a collective effect of immunizations, the education minister pointed out.
More than 200,000 students and teachers are returning to school today, in addition to the initial stage, when there were nearly 480,000 schoolchildren and over 30,000 teachers who resumed in-person learning. As of today, nearly 740,000 children and teachers will be in classes daily.
1 200 students remain in e-learning mode. Nearly 24% (about 22,500) of teachers have volunteered to get vaccinated. The lists are expanded, but the new candidates for vaccination are few.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Education Will not Change Vacation Schedule for Students
- » Annual World University Rankings Published, Sofia University and Bulgaria’s Medical University Score Better Results
- » After Brexit Bulgarians Opt for Higher Education in Austria, Germany and the Netherlands
- » Google Digital Tools to Be Available to Bulgarian Students, Teachers
- » Lockdown Relaxed in UK, Schools Reopen on 8 March
- » Bulgaria and US Further Strengthen Cooperation in Science, Education, Technology