Bulgaria’s Vice President Tested Positive for Coronavirus
Vice President Iliana Yotova has coronavirus, the press office of the presidency reported. She tested positive for Covid-19 today.
She is in good general condition with mild symptoms. Tests were also taken from her closest associates, which were negative.
President Rumen Radev feels well, he also made a test for coronavirus and tested negative. The last time the Head of State had a contact with the Vice-president was on 20 January 2021.
The necessary measures have been taken to disinfect the premises and to ensure the proper functioning of the presidential institution.
We recall, this is just another case of a senior civil servant infected with coronavirus.
In October 2020, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov announced on Facebook that he had a coronavirus. Previously, the regional health inspectorate officially lifted its quarantine after two negative PCR tests.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases
- » Chief Health Inspector Kunchev: High Mortality Rate from Covid-19 in Bulgaria Must Be Analysed
- » Bulgaria’s Chief Health Inspector Alerts to Insufficient Vaccination Rate
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 100 Newly Infected, 15 Fatalities
- » Bulgarian Ombudsperson: 100,000 Bulgarians Cannot Obtain EU Covid-19 Certificates
- » Bulgaria: 208 New COVID-19 Infections