7.3 Magnitude Quake hits South Shetland Islands
An earthquake of magnitude 7.3 on the Richter scale struck the South Shetland Islands on Saturday (local time), said the U.S. Geological Survey.
Chile's interior ministry issued a tsunami warning following the quake. Strong tremors were felt in the Chilean capital Santiago. The epicentre of the earthquake was monitored at 61.7 degrees south latitude and 55.6 degrees west longitude. It hit at a depth of 10 km, Xinhua reported.
Further details are awaited. (ANI)
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Astronomer and Team Found New Exoplanet Gliese 486b
- » Bulgaria Antarctic Expedition Reached Livingston Island
- » Bulgaria’s Suffocating Cities: Ten Major Urban Areas Report Serious Air Pollution Problems
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergency in Rhodopean Village over Manganese in Drinking Water
- » Israel Struggles with Massive Tar Slick, Beaches Contaminated, Closed
- » China Ramps up Efforts for Weather Control, Neighbors Worry