Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
Seventy-five mayors in Bulgaria have been penalized for polluting environment with urban waste, shows the information of the Ministry of Environment and Water concerning the control activities of Ministry’s 15 regional inspectorates ensuing from the Waste Management Act.
The penalty decrees are to a total worth of BGN 243 300, as some mayors are issued more than one. Over 700 inspections have been launched and carried out in over 1800 settlements.
The report shows that the the mayors in Burgas region are found guilty of the most of environmental violations, followed by Plovdiv and Sofia where 10 district mayors were penalized.
The biggest fine was slapped on the mayor of Dupnitsa worth of BGN 23,000. The mayors of Sopot, Plovdiv region, with BGN 17,000 fine and 5 penalty decrees, Asenovgrad and Boboshevo with BGN 9,000 in fines. With BGN 6,000 fine is the mayor of Sredets district in Burgas. The remaining fines are worth between BGN 1,400 and BGN 5,000. /BGNES
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Morning Fog and Afternoon Rain Today
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Mountains
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly in the Morning, Warmer in the Afternoon