Bulgaria: Minor Incident in Kozloduy NPP, Unit 5 Temporarily Closed
An incident has caused an automatic shutdown of the reactor in Unit 5 of the Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant. MP of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms Ramadan Atalay confirmed the news during morning program on BNT.
He said that the source of information the Executive Director of Kozloduy NPP.
At 1:17 a.m., a technological operation triggered the automatic reactor protection system. The necessary actions have been taken and unit‘s work will be resumed again, Atalay explained.
All operational systems have been checked. There is nothing dangerous for the public, the MP was adamant.
It became clear that only one unit of Kozloduy NPP is currently working from the operational data of the Electricity System Operator (ESO) on load over the power distribution network. It shows that at 7:58 a.m., the energy generated by the nuclear power plant is 1,009 megawatts, which means that only one unit operates in Kozloduy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brussels will Support Bulgaria if it Decides to Complete Nuclear Power Plant “Belene”
- » Frans Timmermans: We will Ensure that the Transition in the Coal Regions is Done Fairly
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister: We Will Close the Coal Power Plants in 2038 at the Earliest
- » Protests of Miners and Workers in the Energy Sector Blocked the Center of Sofia
- » Serbia Expects "Cheapest Gas in Europe" Because of Bulgaria’s Former Prime Minister Borissov
- » Ten EU Members, Including France and Bulgaria, Backed Nuclear Energy