Opera Star Placido Domingo Celebrates His 80th Birthday
On January 21, the Italian opera singer and conductor, one of the most outstanding performers of our time, Placido Domingo turns 80. He was born into a family of artists and became interested in music early. Domingo first learned to play the piano and conduct, and later switched to vocals. He made his opera debut in the late 1950s. In his more than 60-year career, Placido Domingo has played about 150 parts. For over 60 years, his distinctive, sensual voice has enchanted music lovers.
Despite his age, his COVID illness in 2020 and the #MeToo accusations, the man just keeps on singing. Even at 80, Placido Domingo is still on stage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » March 1: Baba Marta Enters the Scene, Brings Spring Along
- » Golden Globe Goes to Rosamund Pike, Glowing Praise to Maria Bakalova
- » Van Gogh's Painting from Private Collection to be Auctioned at Sotheby’s
- » Terry Gilliam, Cristi Puiu Win FIPRESCI Platinum 90 Award at Sofia Film Festival 2021
- » Bulgarians Mark the Anniversary of the Hanging of National Hero Vasil Levski: 148 Years
- » Bulgarian Government Secretly Awards National Celebs with Over BGN 1 Million