Dutch Govt Resigns over Child Welfare Fraud Scandal
The Dutch government has submitted its resignation, accepting the responsibility for a scandal wherein thousands of families were wrongly accused of child welfare fraud.
CNN quoted Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte as announcing on Friday (local time) that responsibility for the scandal "ultimately rests with the incumbent Cabinet and nowhere else." Announcing the Cabinet's resignation after a report by the Parliamentary Interrogation Committee on Childcare Allowance, he said, "On all levels throughout the political-administrative-legal system, mistakes have been made that have resulted in great injustice to thousands of parents."
According to the CNN report, under the scandal, around 10,000 families in the Netherlands were told to repay tens of thousands of euros of subsidies after being wrongly accused of child welfare fraud.
Rutte also announced that the elections for the new government will be taking place in mid-March. (ANI)
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian General: The Pentagon can Strike Pre-Emptively if Russia puts its Nuclear Forces On Alert
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker PM: Russia's Actions are Unacceptable and Directly Violate the UN Charter
- » "Mediana": GERB leads with nearly 10% over “We Continue the Change” in Early Election Survey
- » Bulgaria will Not Recognize the Referendums in Ukraine
- » The Army has Increased the Intelligence and Surveillance in the Eastern Part of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency Declared due to Migrant Pressure