Bulgarian Pilots Will Be Trained in US to Operate F-16 Fighter Jets
Two military pilots will join the second and third groups that are earmarked to go to the US to be trained to pilot F-16 fighter jets, said Deputy Defense Minister Atanas Zapryanov at the sitting of the parliamentary defense committee.
We remind that in mid-2020 it became clear that the Air Force commandment had made a selection of pilots, as 13 Bulgarian combat pilots will be able to fly the new aircraft.
It has also become clear that the training of our first military pilots for the F-16 will last over 3 years.
Chief of Defense Admiral Emil Eftimov pointed out that Mig-29 aircraft are ready for use at up to 40% of their capacity, and by April-May they will reach parameter of 2013-2014. The trend for it is positive, Admiral Eftimov assured.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: 34 million dollars in Compensation have been agreed due to the Delay of F-16
- » Defense Minister: Repair Enterprises for Bulgarian Aircraft can Work without Service from Russia
- » Russia revokes the Certificates of Two Military Factories in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Air Force Intercepted and Forced a Landing of a Cessna 150 Aircraft