France Ponders Closing Borders with UK
France should consider closing its borders with Britain and other countries that have a strong presence of the new variant of the coronavirus first found in the UK, a French epidemiologist and government adviser said on Monday.
“It is important that we consider whether we need to close the borders to a limited number of countries, notably the United Kingdom and Ireland,” Arnaud Fontanet, a member of the scientific council that advises the government on COVID-19 policy, said on BFM television.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Newswires: Bulgarian President Sets Date of Snap Election for July 11
- » EU Commissioner on Internal Market: Europe Must Be at the Helm
- » Director of Bulgarian National TV Opposes Elections Date
- » Association of Prosecutors Alerts EU Institutions: Judiciary Independence in Bulgaria at Risk
- » Biden Hopes to Meet Putin during His European Tour in June
- » Bulgaria: Slavi Trifonov Posts Caustic Reply to Borissov’s Criticism on Facebook