London Court Denies Bail for Julian Assange
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was denied bail on Wednesday by a British judge who said there was a risk he might flee justice while the United States tries again to secure his extradition.
Assange, who has spent more than eight years either holed up in the Ecuadorean embassy in London or in jail, had asked to be freed on bail after the court ruled on Monday that he should not be extradited because he would be at risk of suicide.
“I am satisfied that there are substantial grounds for believing that if Mr Assange is released today he would fail to surrender to court to face the appeal proceedings,” Judge Vanessa Baraitser told London’s Westminster Magistrates Court.
“As far as Mr Assange is concerned this case has not yet been won ... the outcome of this appeal is not yet known.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Health Authorities: We do not have an Emergency with Chicken Pox and Scarlet Fever
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 31 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Spring comes just before Midnight
- » Bulgaria: A Car with Illegal Migrants Crashed and One Person has Died
- » Bulgaria’s Commission on Protection of Competition found hundreds of Violations in major Food Chains
- » Bulgaria: First Drop in Wholesale Food Prices in over two months