Nord Stream 2 Project to Be Completed Regardless of US Sanctions
US sanctions against the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline are blatant protectionism aimed at advancing its liquefied natural gas on the European market, but the EU countries understand this and support the project, and thanks to this it will be completed, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak told RBC TV.
"Certainly, this is blatant protectionism. The key idea why our colleagues from overseas are opposing Nord Stream 2 is linked first of all to the need to promote their own product, their LNG," Novak said.
"This tool is absolutely uncompetitive. Everyone understands this, including the countries that are interested in fulfilling the [Nord Stream 2] project, the European countries and companies. They support the project and I’m sure that given this support it will be implemented," Novak noted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Google Launches New Initiative for Eastern and Central Europe
- » Bulgarian Restaurateurs: We are Ready for Compromise
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 544 Newly Infected, 6,8 Percent Test Positive
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy