Nord Stream 2 Project to Be Completed Regardless of US Sanctions
US sanctions against the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline are blatant protectionism aimed at advancing its liquefied natural gas on the European market, but the EU countries understand this and support the project, and thanks to this it will be completed, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak told RBC TV.
"Certainly, this is blatant protectionism. The key idea why our colleagues from overseas are opposing Nord Stream 2 is linked first of all to the need to promote their own product, their LNG," Novak said.
"This tool is absolutely uncompetitive. Everyone understands this, including the countries that are interested in fulfilling the [Nord Stream 2] project, the European countries and companies. They support the project and I’m sure that given this support it will be implemented," Novak noted.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia Must Do away with Discrimination against Bulgarian Minority
- » Presidents of Austia and Bulgaria Discuss Topical Issues
- » Tourists from Romania 46.7 Percent of All EU Visitors to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Air Adds New Flights to Regular Schedule in August and September
- » Trade between Moscow and European Union up 2% in First Quarter of 2021
- » Health Ministry Orders Termination of Contract for New Children's Hospital