Israel Confirms that Will Issue Official Green Identification Card to Vaccinated
Israeli officials said on Wednesday that plans to create a “green” Covid-19 passport would soon be implemented as Israel gears up to begin mass vaccinations.
Two weeks after the second shot, every person who was vaccinated will receive a green passport. The document will free people from isolation and will allow them to enter places that will still be restricted to other populations.”
The Israeli health minister acknowledged that the rollout of the new form of identification was a “difficult logistical operation” and that the government was still deciding how the passports would work in practice.
Last week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that he had instructed health officials to develop a passport plan “by which whoever receives a vaccine will be able to show a card or an app that will enable them to enter events, malls, facilities, and all kinds of services.” The Israeli leader said the program was designed to “encourage vaccinations.”
Israel has already imposed two national lockdowns since the health crisis began in March, and continues to enforce certain restrictions aimed at stopping the spread of the virus.
Israel began receiving doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine earlier this month, and is expected to start administering the jab to high-priority groups such as health workers starting on Sunday.
The government has set a target of 60,000 vaccinations per day once the inoculation drive begins. Israel hopes to acquire eight million doses of the drug by the end of March – enough to vaccinate four million people.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Breaching EU Sanctions will soon be a 'Eurocrime'
- » Russia not only Destroys but Depopulates Ukraine: A Quarter of its Population is already Abroad
- » Russian Sinologist: Within 10-15 years, the Balkans and Poland will want to join Russia
- » Day 278 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Pentagon considers giving Ukraine Munitions with Range 'Deep into Russia's Rear'
- » Turkey's Erdogan continues the Airstrikes and wants to Launch a New Ground Operation in Syria
- » Protests in China: Authorities erected Barricades and Arrested People just for taking Pictures