Sofia Maternity Hospitals Witness Baby Boom
More than 4,600 babies have been born since the beginning of the year in the two municipal maternity hospitals in Sofia – St. Sofia and Sheinovo. The Director of Sheinovo hospital Dr. Rumen Velev told the Bulgarian National Radio that so many babies have not been born in nine years:
"We have managed to protect ourselves, very few people from the hospital staff were infected with Covid, and in quite mild form. We were able to keep all the other patients safe and sound because we couldn't stop working at the peak of infection, so all this fills us with optimism for next year. Of course, with the start of vaccinations the situation will be very different.
Nevertheless, we are still very careful and continue testing all patients who are admitted to the hospital."
The number of twins born at St. Sofia hospital is increasing. This year, a second naturally conceived set of twins was born there to a family from Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Over Thousand Works of Art Confiscated from Bozhkov’s Apartment in Sofia
- » Senior School Students Resume In-Person Learning in February
- » Nationwide Survey Shows Positive Trends in Roma Education and Inclusion in Bulgaria
- » Nearly One-Third of Recovered from Covid-19 Die in Five Months
- » Official Beijing: US Spreads Conspiracy Theories about Coronavirus Origin
- » Bulgaria Celebrates St. Athanasius Day on January 18