Pope Francis to World Leaders: Divert Armament Funds for Fighting Covid-19 Pandemic
Pope Francis urged world leaders on Thursday to divert funds used for armaments to confront problems such as the COVID-19 pandemic and ensure vaccines reach the poor and most vulnerable nations.
In his message for the Roman Catholic Church’s World Day of Peace, which is celebrated on Jan. 1, Francis also repeated a call for the establishment of a global fund with money slated for weapons to be used instead to help eradicate poverty.
The annual message, this year titled “A Culture of Care as a Path to Peace,” is traditionally sent to heads of state, government, international organizations and other religions.
“How many resources are spent on weaponry, especially nuclear weapons, that could be used for more significant priorities such as ensuring the safety of individuals, the promotion of peace and integral human development, the fight against poverty, and the provision of health care.” Francis said./https://www.reuters.com
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Minister of Finance: This year's Budget may End with even a small Surplus
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710
- » Health Minister Katsarov: 1.5 Million Tests have been Provided to the Bulgarian Education System
- » Tel Aviv is the most Expensive City in the World, according to the Economist's Ranking
- » The Business Climate in Bulgaria is Deteriorating, Retail is Suffering the Most
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months