Sofia: Protesting Taxi Drivers Threaten to Block Capital City
The Federation of Taxi Drivers and Carriers in Bulgaria staged a protest in front of the Sofia City Hall. They demand to increase starting fare prices, mileage fees, the introduction of a panic button and the closure of ride-sharing apps, which they identify as unlawful.
"If they do not comply with our demands, we will block Sofia completely. No one will be able to move," protesters said.
According to them, shared travel is particularly dangerous because drivers have not insured the remaining passenger seats, there is no recording apparatus and there is no guarantee for the skills of the drivers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Prime Minister Pledges Average Wage in Bulgaria to Be at Least BGN 2,000
- » Bulgaria’s President: US Senate’s Slashing Criticism Is Warning Signal to Our Establishment
- » Bulgaria: Road Police Launches New 3-Day Traffic Safety Operation
- » Bulgarian Parliament Says No to Russian Vaccine
- » US Secretary of State Congratulates Bulgarians on National Liberation Day
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today, Rain and Snow on Saturday