Sofia: Protesting Taxi Drivers Threaten to Block Capital City
The Federation of Taxi Drivers and Carriers in Bulgaria staged a protest in front of the Sofia City Hall. They demand to increase starting fare prices, mileage fees, the introduction of a panic button and the closure of ride-sharing apps, which they identify as unlawful.
"If they do not comply with our demands, we will block Sofia completely. No one will be able to move," protesters said.
According to them, shared travel is particularly dangerous because drivers have not insured the remaining passenger seats, there is no recording apparatus and there is no guarantee for the skills of the drivers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate
- » President Radev Awards Madara Horseman Order 1st Degree to Ambassador of the Netherlands to Bulgaria