About 78,000 Macedonians Applied for Bulgarian Citizenship within Last Decade
In the last ten years - from 1 January 2010 to 22 October 2020 - a total of 77 829 applications for granting Bulgarian citizenship were filed submitted by citizens of the Republic of North Macedonia. Almost all are applications are based on Bulgarian origin.
The data were reported by Justice Minister Desislava Ahladova during Friday's parliamentary Q&A session, according to BGNES. The question MP of the Bulgarian Socialist Party Hristo Gadzhev asked the question.
The Bulgarian Citizenship Directorate with the Ministry of Justice holds interviews with the applicants and starts individual cases on applications and proposals, Ahladova said, stressing that the number of applicants varies for each of the ten years. However, a total of 73,324 files ended with a proposal from the Citizenship Council with the Vice President for issuing a decree on granting Bulgarian citizenship, as is provided for by the legal procedure.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » It’s Final: Introduction of New COVID Measures in Sofia
- » Omicron is Overwhelming Hospitals according to Data from other Countries
- » Bulgaria: Deputies and Experts discussed the Draft Law on Protection from Domestic Violence
- » Bulgarian Doctor: Pills cannot Win the Battle with the Pandemic
- » Bulgaria: Payment of BGN 75 Supplement to Vaccinated Pensioners Starts on February 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow all over the Country