EC to Reimburse Bulgaria for African Swine Fever Costs
The European Commission has approved the costs that Bulgaria has incurred to combat African swine fever in 2020 and will reimburse 75% of them, the Food Agency reports.
This is the maximum allowable percentage under European legislation and the sum amounts to over BGN 15 million.
Earlier, the European Commission restored to Bulgaria more than BGN 22 million for measures implemented to contain the infection in 2019. Veterinary authorities report that outbreaks of African swine fever in Bulgaria have decreased by 60% this year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: From July 1, the Minimum Pension becomes BGN 467 (EUR 240)
- » The West is considering Price Caps on Russian Oil and Gas
- » Owners in Bulgaria have Earned BGN 14 Million in Income from Properties Rented through Airbnb
- » “Vazrazhdane at the Presidential Consultations: Early Elections and Government before the Winter
- » EU: 40% Renewable Energy by 2030
- » The Committee on Budgets Decided: 0% VAT on Bread in Bulgaria