Boris Johnson in Brussels Tomorrow for Brexit Talks
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson will meet European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen on Wednesday evening to discuss Brexit.
In a tweet, von der Leyen said she was looking forward "to welcoming U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson tomorrow evening. We will continue our discussion on the Partnership Agreement."
The leaders will try to unblock the negotiations after both sides delivered downbeat assessments of the lack of progress in recent days.
In a joint statement after a phone call on Monday, Johnson and von der Leyen said the conditions for finalizing an agreement "are not there,” with the same three areas of discord — fisheries, the so-called level playing field for trade, and the governance of any deal — still blocking the path to even a basic agreement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Prepares Second Lawsuit against AstraZeneca over Covid-19 Vaccine Delays
- » Today May 9 Europe Celebrate Europa Day
- » EU Declares Plan to Cut Dependency on China
- » British Ships Will Patrol Sea Around Jersey after Post-Brexit Tensions Between UK and France
- » EU Preparing ‘rapid’ Assistance to COVID-struggling India
- » EU Is About to Sign Record Deal with Pfizer for Vaccines