Bulgarian Task Forces Will Have New Combat Vehicles
A contract with the Bulgarian company SAMEL-90 AD for the acquisition of combat vehicles for Bulgarian task forces will be signed at the Ministry of Defense today.
The contract is signed with a view to implementation of the investment project aimed at increasing mobility and protection of military personnel. The Ministry of Defence states that the project "Increasing mobility and protection of personnel of the Special Operations Force" was implemented in accordance with the Ordinance concerning the criteria and procedures for determining the existence of essential interests in the cases under Art. 13, para. 1, item 13, points "a", "e" and "g" and Art. 149, para. 1, item 2 of the Public Procurement Act.
Less than a month ago, Prime Minister Boyko Borissov visited the military equipment manufacturing base in Samokov and met with its management. The company executes military orders for Bahrain, Israel and Saudi Arabia, as well as for the Chinese army.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Defense Committee Approves Creation of Cyber Warfare Command
- » Bulgarian Military Contingent to Take Part in Resolute Support NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Eight Su-25 Aircraft in Fighting Trim at Bezmer Base
- » Balkans and Black Sea in Focus of Massive US European Defender Military Exercise
- » Bulgarian Pilots Will Be Trained in US to Operate F-16 Fighter Jets
- » Salary Increase of Bulgarian Police Officers Remains 15 Percent