Iran’s Top Nuclear Scientist to Be Buried Today
Iran began the burial of slain nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh in a cemetery in northern Tehran on Monday, state TV reported, as the defence minister promised the Islamic Republic would retaliate for his killing.
Fakhrizadeh, long suspected by Western and Israeli government of masterminding a secret nuclear weapons program, was ambushed on a highway near Tehran on Friday and gunned down in his car.
Iran’s clerical and military rulers have blamed the Islamic Republic’s longtime enemy, Israel, for the killing. Iran has in the past accused Israel of killing several Iranian nuclear scientists since 2010./Reuters
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Outgoing PM Borisov Asked by Parliament If Blasts in Military Plants Are Related to Foreign Spies
- » Bulgaria: Prosecutor General Obliged to Report to Parliamentary Legal Committee Every Three Months
- » European Commission Mulls Suing AstaZeneca over Failed Vaccine Deliveries
- » Parliament Imposed Moratorium on Decisions of Outgoing Cabinet
- » Controversial Non-Paper Proposing Border Changes in Western Balkans Requires Firmer Stance from Brussels
- » Angela Merkel: EU Needs More Power to Coordinate Response to Pandemic