Bulgaria’s Government: Minimum Wage to Be Raised to BGN 650 As of January 2021
The minimum wage in Bulgaria will become BGN 650. From 1 January 2021, it will rise by 6.6% compared to this year, the government has decided.
The proposed new minimum wage of BGN 650 will contribute to reducing in-work poverty, bridging the gap in income distribution, increasing purchasing power and consumption of the lowest-income groups on the labor market. It will also boost the motivation of the workforce and reduce unfair competition. From January 1, the minimum hourly wage will be BGN 3.92.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » IMF Head Kristalina Georgieva: Forecasts for Global Economy Are Grim
- » Bulgarian National Bank Forecasts GDP Drop at 4,4 Percent Rate for 2020
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Doubled the Salaries of Teachers, 1 Billion Were Invested in Educational Infrastructure
- » UniCredit Bulbank: Bulgarian Economy Will Slowly Recover in 2021
- » Bulgaria’s Minister of Finance: Our Country Will Join Eurozone in 2024
- » Bulgarian Minister of Labor: State Will Further Support Pensioners and Families with Children