COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Microbiologist - New Restrictive Measures Will Not Limit the Pandemic
The proposed tightening of measures will not limit the COVID-19 pandemic in Bulgaria, said Assoc. Prof. Andrey Chorbanov from the Institute of Microbiology of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences today.
According to him, many European countries have already introduced a full "lockdown" and yet their indicators have not changed dramatically.
"I know many doctors on the front line who all support my opinion. This is not some self-invented idea or partisanship against the political decision, just to speak out against the government's measures.
The idea ithat such a closure will stop people-to-people contacts is naive." said Prof. Chorbanov. The microbiologist clarified that the proposed restrictions will reduce the pressure on the health system, but not by more than 15-20%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulagria: 233 New Cases, 3485 in Hospitals
- » Study: Depression, Stress Could Dampen Efficacy of COVID-19 Vaccines
- » UK Coronavirus Variant Could Be Dominant in US by March
- » Ursula von der Leyen: EU Will Receive Pfizer Vaccine on Time
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 552 New Cases
- » Before Summer 36 Percent of Bulgarians Will Be Vaccinated