PERNIK ~A DESTITUTE TOWN ACCORDING TO USAID
Politics | September 18, 2001, Tuesday // 00:00
The American Agency USAID announced that Pernik municipality is in a disastrous situation. The town, situated near Sofia, was identified as one of the poorest in the country. The unemployment rate reached 16%. Ten enterprises were closed down in the past years. Seven other Bulgarian towns were included in the `black list` of the agency. Still, Pernik is the only regional center in USAID`s list.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Foreign Minister: After October Bulgaria and Romania will have No Obstacles for Schengen
- » Bulgaria supports the EU Delivery of 1 Million Projectiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense: We will Categorically Not Send Troops to Ukraine
- » Spokesman of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry : We encourage Bulgaria to give us their MiG-29s
- » April 3 - Closed for Bulgarian Schools with Election Sections
- » Petkov: Bulgaria going Banrkupt was Fake News - This happens before every Election