Strong 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Northern Macedonia
A magnitude 5.2 earthquake was registered early this morning in Northern Macedonia. This is shown by the data of the Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography of BAS. The quake occurred at 04:54 local time.
The epicenter was in the area between Tetovo and Gostivar, 50 km southwest of the capital Skopje, BGNES said. The Skopje Seismological Observatory said the quake was strongest in Gostivar and Mavrovo, and slightly weaker in Skopje, Tetovo, Bitola and Prilep.
According to Albanian television Ora News, tremors were also felt in Albania, Kosovo, Serbia and Bulgaria.
No casualties were reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU to Ban the Sale of Petrol and Diesel Cars by 2035
- » Storm in Sofia, Underpasses Flooded
- » The Astronomical Summer begins Today
- » Bulgaria: The Most Polluting Cars Out of the Center of Sofia during Winter
- » Bulgaria: Warning of significant Rainfall and Thunder Today
- » After Heavy Rains: Petrohan Pass Closed, Danger of Collapse of the Road Smolyan – Devin